If your site covers all of your visitor’s wants, they will be more willing to take the action that you desire. A recent study found that the following techniques listed below will increase the chances of your visitor taking the action that you desire.
1. Show the visitor what you can do for them.
2. Get to the point right away within your text.
3. Answer questions before they are asked.
4. Figure out what people want and put it in headings.
5. Don’t make the visitor hit the Contact Us button to first learn about how to get a hold of you.
Think about your website for a minute. Does your site follow these techniques? Does every page request the visitor to take an action? If no, why not? If yes, is it effective?